Forget about spending hours planning your food shopping!
Thanks to the best plant-based meal delivery services, switching to a meat-free lifestyle or incorporating more veggie recipes won’t be time-consuming.
Whether you’d rather receive pre-portioned ingredients with recipe cards or ready meals to heat up, let’s help you find the right plant-based meal delivery service for your lifestyle and budget.
AT A GLANCE: TOP 5 PLANT BASED MEAL DELIVERY SERVICES
OUR TOP PICK: Purple Carrot
Lots of different plans with options for more meals as well as traditional dinner subscriptions
BEST READY MEALS: Fresh n’ Lean
Health-focused ready meals relying on gluten-free and organic ingredients
BEST FOR LARGE HOUSEHOLDS: Green Chef
Healthy and varied, it’s one of the very few plant-based meal kit deliveries to offer options for 6
QUICK & EASY: HelloFresh
Fast and straightforward recipes for households who don’t follow specific diets
Ready meals that don’t look nor taste like typical diet-food thanks to exciting twists on classic recipes
Best plant-based meal delivery services that are both meat- and hassle-free
Here are the signature features of the best plant-based meal delivery services currently on the market:
Fresh n’ Lean
|SIGN UP NOW →|
|SIGN UP NOW →|
|SIGN UP NOW →|
|SIGN UP NOW →|
|SIGN UP NOW →|
|SIGN UP NOW →|
|SIGN UP NOW →|
|SIGN UP NOW →|
1. Purple Carrot - Best Meal Kit
Unlike most plant-based meal kit deliveries that only focus on dinnertime, Purple Carrot offers options for breakfast, lunch, and snacks, too.
Find out more in our Purple Carrot review or have a little taste of the kind of recipes you can expect:
- Coconut Tofu with Mango Midnight Grains & Spicy Cucumbers
- Barbecue Seitan with Rotini Pasta Salad
- Crispy Potato Skillet with Snap Pea Slaw & Scallion Sour Cream
One of the best meal kit options for singles and a great choice for couples and families, Purple Carrot’s servings range between $9.99 and $11.99.
What Kind of Plant-Based Eater Is Purple Carrot Best For?
Especially singles or couples who’re focused on healthy eating (and aren’t too picky).
Limited Time Offer: Save $30 off Purple Carrot with code carrot30
2. Fresh n’ Lean - Best Ready Meals
While this ready meal company isn’t entirely plant-based, Fresh n’ Lean offers both a ‘standard’ and ‘low-carb’ vegan plan.
You can also choose to cover just dinner, lunch, breakfast, or the combination that best suits your lifestyle.
For example, here’s what you could receive:
- Pumpkin Chili With Cilantro Aioli
- Lentils And Herb Roasted Potatoes with Beyond Beef® Crumbles
- Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal
Your price-per-portion could reach $12.64 (on the pricey side for a pre-made meal) but also be as little as $7.93 (yay!).
3. Green Chef - Best for Large Households
Entirely organic, Green Chef includes a Plant-Powered plan with both vegetarian and vegan options.
- Caribbean Cauliflower Bowls
- Orange-Miso Tofu
- Butternut & Porcini Linguine
Green Chef is one of the very few meal kit deliveries that offers options for 6 people too, with portions ranging from $9.99 to $11.99.
4. HelloFresh - Quick & Easy
The largest meal kit delivery (1) is an all time-favorite crowd-pleaser.
In fact, HelloFresh includes a simple but practical vegetarian plan with half a dozen plant-based recipes every week.
How do these sound?
- Rainbow Thai Noodle Toss with Edamame, Chili Sauce, Peanuts & Cilantro
- Chimichurri Grilling Cheese Toasties with Caramelized Onion & Southwest Potato Wedges
- Roasted Veggie Kale Salad with Parm Frico & Garlic Ciabatta
You can learn more about its pricing structure in our HelloFresh review but, to give you an idea, it goes from a super-cheap $7.49 to $12.49 per portion (plus $8.99 shipping).
What Kind of Plant-Based Eater Is HelloFresh Best For?
Those who simply want to introduce more plant-based meals but aren’t following a vegan lifestyle nor a specific diet.
Limited Time Offer: Save $80 in total over your 5 deliveries, including free shipping on the first box!
5. Veestro - Weight Loss Options
A healthy and organic ready-meal delivery with an a la carte and weight-loss plan.
Whether you choose to receive them as a one-off or a subscription, the meals offered by this Veggie Awards winner (2) usually include a wide range of plant-based twists on familiar classics:
- Red Curry with Tofu
- Enchilada Casserole
- Portobello Steak Dinner
With options for 10, 20 or 30 frozen meals per week, portions are around $9.90-11.70
What Kind of Plant-Based Eater Is Veestro Best For?
For professionals who want to focus on saving time, eating healthily, and potentially losing weight (and who don’t mind paying a bit more for this convenience).
GET $40 off Your First Order with CODE: POWERPLANT30
6. Sprinly - Gluten-Free
While very few of the best plant-based meal delivery services offer one of these plans, Sprinly is entirely gluten-free.
Its ready meals are also delivered fresh (not frozen) and include tasty options such as:
- Zucchini Pasta Marinara with Superfood Veggie Balls
- Coconut Kale and Quinoa Antioxidant Salad with Hemp Seeds and Apple Balsamic
- Indian Roasted Vegetable Curry with Cashew Quinoa
We were surprised to find that Sprinly is around $16-18 per meal, so you’d better be extremely committed to a plant-based and gluten-free lifestyle.
What Kind of Plant-Based Eater Is Sprinly Best For?
While these organic and gluten-free meals are undeniably mouth-watering, we only recommend Sprinly if budget is not one of your concerns.
Limited Time Offer: Save up to $30 off your first 3 weeks of Sprinly!
7. Splendid Spoon - All Meals
Gluten-free, GMO-free, pre-made, but never frozen.
Splendid Spoon’s ready meals are a healthy option with plans ranging from breakfast to lunch or dinner and various different combinations.
For example, you could choose:
- Butternut Turmeric Soup with Sweet Potatoes & Nutmeg
- Vegan Meatballs & Marinara Noodles with Spinach & Vegan Parmesan
- Mango Guava Smoothie with Camu Camu & Lime Juice
While Splendid Spoon doesn’t disappoint when it comes to choice (over 50 weekly options!), it can get as expensive as $13 per smoothie, so take some time to create the right plan for you.
What Kind of Plant-Based Eater Is Splendid Spoon Best For?
Time-poor professionals who like to stick to a familiar culinary routine and are happy to pay more money for higher-quality ingredients.
8. Blue Apron - Budget Pick
Blue Apron might not be an entirely plant-based meal delivery service, but it does include a practical vegetarian plan.
This subscription is full of both classics and exciting global-inspired dishes such as:
- Butternut Squash Enchiladas with Honey-Chipotle Sauce
- Pesto & Kale Pasta with Mascarpone
- Hot Honey Brussels Sprout & Sweet Potato Grain Bowls with Pickled Shallot & Walnuts
As you can see in our Blue Apron review, the vegetarian plan is only available for 2 (but singles can still use it for double the nights) and it’s only $9.99 per serving.
What Kind of Plant-Based Eater Is Blue Apron Best For?
Blue Apron is the best plant-based meal delivery service for singles or couples who don’t follow a specific diet and are happy to compromise on choice to save quite a bit of money.
For New Customers: Save $84 over your first 4 boxes!
9. Hungryroot - Groceries
A unique delivery service with tons of plant-based options.
Hungryroot is perhaps more similar to online groceries, but it still sends you recipes for your main ingredients. For example:
- Simple Caesar Nicoise
- Veggies 'n Guac Summer Bowl
- Kale Pesto Pasta Salad
Unlike most of the best plant-based meal delivery services in this list, its plans start from $59 per week rather than including a per-portion breakdown.
What Kind of Plant-Based Eater Is Hungryroot Best For?
Whoever doesn’t want to feel boxed in with a traditional meal kit subscription but is still looking to save time by receiving recipes for their ingredients.
3 Things You Must Consider About Plant-Based Meal Delivery Services
Remember: the best plant-based meal delivery service for you is simply the one that matches your habits, requirements, and budget.
How much time have you got on your hands?
Be realistic! Depending on whether or not you wish to be involved with the cooking side of things, you can choose between:
- A plant-based meal kit delivery that sends you recipes and pre-portioned ingredients
- A plant-based ready-meal delivery of pre-made portions to heat up in your microwave or oven
What meals are you planning on covering?
Think of your routine and how you wish to improve it:
- Pretty much every plant-based meal delivery offers dinner options
- Some others include add ons and plans for other meals
- Very few let you choose to only cover breakfast or lunch
As well as a plant-based approach, have you got any other requirements?
- Some plant-based meal delivery services are suitable for vegans, some others only for vegetarians
- Do you follow a specific diet (e.g. gluten-free or low-carb)? Some plant-based meal deliveries include dietary requirements. However, if you don’t… no point in spending more money on one that does if you’re only going to use its standard plan, right?
- Have you got an allergy? Then look for a plant-based meal delivery service that lets you avoid a specific ingredient
Still have some questions? That’s what we’re here for!
1. What is the best vegan meal delivery service?
The best vegan meal delivery service is Purple Carrot because: unlike many plant-based meal delivery services that are actually vegetarian or only offer limited vegan dishes, it’s entirely vegan.
Plus, it has gluten-free options and allows you to cover more meals than just dinners, if you wish.
2. Does HelloFresh have plant-based meals?
Yes, HelloFresh has plant-based meals and even an entire vegetarian plan with a few vegan recipes, too.
3. How much is Purple Carrot a month?
The monthly cost of Purple Carrot depends on how many meals and portions you wish to cover, but it can range from $287.76 (two nights for two people) to $479.52 per month (three nights for four), always including free shipping.
Daily Harvest is a healthy, fun and whimsical meal kit that offers a wide ...
The paleo diet is a difficult one to follow. Restaurants and grocery stores are ...
If there’s one thing we can all agree on, it’s this: eating out frequently ...
Wave goodbye to gross TV dinners from your childhood. The best frozen meal delivery ...
1. Rees, K. & Thompson, A. (2020, March 23). HelloFresh Nears Record With Lockdowns Seen Spurring Demand. Retrieved from https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-23/hellofresh-nears-record-with-lockdowns-seen-spurring-demand
2. (n.d.). (2018, November 1). And the winners of the 2018 Veggie Awards are…. Retrieved from https://vegnews.com/2018/11/and-the-winners-of-the-2018-veggie-awards-are
There’s no way you could be born in Italy and not be passionate about food! Since the pleasure of gathering around a table to eat together has been slowly dying out, Giada loves finding solutions that can make it work with our busy, modern lifestyles.